LEGACY SITE - Past Projects
THIS IS A LEGACY SITE - PLEASE VISIT Research IT FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION
- JISC Review of Accounting and Usage Monitoring.
- Advanced Engineering Software and Consultancy Services
- This project aims to provide an initial assessment of the additional risks of statistical disclosure posed by the Grid.
- Computer Augmented MRA Guidance System for Interventional Cerebral Angiography.
- Assisting social science researchers query across multiple datasets with differing target geographies.
- The Collaborative Research Events on the Web (CREW) project aims to develop technology to enable the capture and exposure of material resulting from research events (e.g. conferences and workshops) to create lasting research resources.
- Project for Experimentation within the Arts and Humanities Community using portable stereoscopic equipment and Access Grid technologies.
- Exploitation of Switched Lightpaths for e-Science Applications.
- The EUROGRID project, funded by the European Commission, explores the requirements, benefits and use of grids in selected scientific and industrial communities. EUROGRID is based on the UNICORE middleware.
- A turnkey system for visualization on the Grid.
Grid-Enabled MicroEconometric Data Analysis is an ESRC-funded e-Social Science demonstrator applying Grid technologies to facilitate welfare analysis based on census and survey data.
- NERC Grid Project.
- Grid-Enabled Desktop Environments.
- GRIP is a 2-year project funded by the European Union to realise the interoperability of Globus and UNICORE and to work towards standards for interoperability in the Global Grid Forum.
- Massively parallel simulation using 8192 cores.
- Integrating Computer Animation and Multimedia.
- Integrated Environment for Rehearsal and Planning of Surgical Interventions.
- Visualization of the normal distribution of the surface of the Lovell Telescope.
- The MCS project aims to develop contracting, accounting, charging and payment mechanisms for Grid services and to investigate the brokering and market mechanisms that could be developed once these facilities are in place.
- Meeting Memory Technology Informing Communication.
- Multicast Streaming Technology for the Grid.
- Data/text mining tools for the e-social science community.
- Network-Oriented VIsualization in the Clinical Environment.
OGSI::Lite is a light-weight, OGSI-compliant, Perl-based hosting environment for Grid Services. See also WSRF::Lite.
- Remote Volume Visualisation in the Operating Theatre.
- The Globus Toolkit and UNICORE on a Sony Playstation 2.
- Portalized client for the Access Grid.
- Question Tool is a tool designed to facilitate events such as seminars, lectures, etc, where there is a need to moderate questions.
- A module to connect Amira to the Access Grid.
- Seamless Access to Multiple Datasets.
- Shibboleth Enabled Bridge to Access the National Grid Service.
- A collection of female pelvis models in VRML.
- Support for the UK Academic Community in high end computing and visualization.
- Globus-UNICORE interoperability project.
- Visualization in parallel.
- Visualization Application Laboratory.
- WSRF::Lite is a light-weight, WSRF-compliant, Perl-based hosting environment for Web Services.