LEGACY SITE - (no longer) Current Projects
THIS IS A LEGACY SITE - PLEASE VISIT Research IT FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION
- JISC Review of Accounting and Usage Monitoring
- Enhancing Teaching, Learning and Research using Video Services by exploiting and mining the detailed Access Grid Activity Data
- The BREIN project focusses on business-focussed service grids, examining how to extend their capabilities through the application of software agents and semantic technologies. Expected outcomes include technology for automated outsourcing of computation and management of customer-focussed service-level agreements.
CONSENT (Communities On NGS via SARoNGS ENabled Trust)
- Extending the functionality of the NGS Shibboleth enabled login.
- Aggregation and Mash-Up of CREW and Twitter
- Novel technologies for computational science and engineering.
- Exploring how to capture and document the incremental development of ideas and their material manifestation in the creative process within practice-led dance research.
- Exploitation of Switched Lightpaths for e-Science Applications.
- A turnkey system for visualization on the Grid.
- Patient-specific medicine and Urgent Computing in a Grid environment.
- Animations of climate models for the Hadley Centre for the Climate Change at the UK Met Office.
- Haptic Visualization Research.
- NW-Grid Portal Interface to Genomic Sequencing.
- Using FOAF+SSL for identity and access management, in the context of the UK NGS and the UK Access Management Federation.
MaDAM will capture requirements and develop a pilot infrastructure as a first step in introducing a university-wide data management service for the University of Manchester. The project will focus on a specific domain area (Life & Medical Sciences) as input to a wider strategic activity to address the needs of the whole of the University research community.
- Molecular Animation and VIsualization System.
- Massive Remote Batch Visualizer
- Meeting the design challenges of nano-CMOS Electronics.
- Data/text mining tools for the e-social science community.
- Project to enable enhanced data and application sharing across multiple portal base Virtual Research Environments.
- Library for parallel finite element analysis.
- ParaFEM-Viewer: The Finite Element Analysis Reader for AVS/Express.
- Development of the AVS/Express Multi-Pipe Edition, Parallel Edition and Distributed Data Renderer.
PulsarGrid, a framework to support the Pulsar Virtual Observatory
- RACE is a JISC funded project which aims to build a digital repository service of collaborative research events, and integrate it with existing and established repository search services.
RealityGrid proposes to extend the concept of a Virtual Reality centre across the grid and links it to massive computational resources at high performance computing centres and experimental facilities, using grid technology to closely couple high throughput experimentation and visualization.
- RAHWL (pronounced Raoul) is a project funded through the OMII managed programme to continue the development of WSRF::Lite and to develop, in collaboration with UCL, a system for hosting applications based on it.
- Shibboleth Access to Resources on the National Grid Service.
- Development of a Web-Based Tool for Aiding Human Recognition of Faces Obscured by Shadows using a 3D Virtual Environment.
- Accurate Thermo-Mechanical Analysis of Materials for Spacecraft Applications.
- Project to sustain 'At Risk' Online Resources.
- EPSRC funded project to develop a data mining resource for UK National HPC services.
- Demonstrator to show Taverna 1 running on NGS resources.
- Integration of Biomechanical and Analogue Modelling Applied to Interpreting the Fossil Record (NERC).
- Collaborative research project with Manchester Computing, Manchester Materials Science and the University of Exeter.
- Project to develop converters to and from the CREW and MEMETIC Video formats from and to common formats such as AVI and MPEG4.
- A non-immersive, 3D, multi-user, distance learning environment.
- Collaborative network to share knowledge, communicate best practice between application domains, provide training and support to researchers in visualization.
- EPSRC project to create a facility for monitoring and modelling structural evolution in situ.