IT Services for Research can help with data visualization and data extraction, all (optionally) integrated with our computational facilities. Visualization can support all disciplines from medical to scientific, from social sciences to arts and from architecture to performing arts.
We offer an extensive range of visualization resources, including:
- A multi-projector environment for research and teaching.
- Use of top-of the range graphics workstations.
- Consultancy, support and training.
- Research and development through collaborative projects.
- Data archiving.
- Software licenses.
Available facilities include:
Data Analytics Lab (DAL) which comprises several high end visualization workstation that can be booked for use
- A state-of-the-art passive stereo laboratory which is also Access Grid-enabled.
- A portable, high-resolution stereoscopic display for presenting 3D data or other multimedia.
Virtual environment that co-locates stereo projection with haptics. The Reachin API is available for development: See haptics development page.
There are facilities available for use via funded research projects. See community wiki list at http://wiki.rcs.manchester.ac.uk/community/ResearchMachines
Example use cases
Earth Scientists and Paleontologists using the multi-projector stereoscopic Access Grid room to carry out a stereoscopic virtual field trip.
Both distributed data and distributed visualization allowing for remote viewing of very large data sets.
Backbone Visualization of a Photoreceptor Protein in MAVIS.
Hyperstreamball Visualization of a Second Order Tensor Field within a Railway Line.
How do I apply?
For information please contact us at: email@example.com